How to Install Heat and DevStack on EC2
- A great option to install and run an OpenStack cloud on your laptop or inside a VM on a cloud.
- Ideal for potential users who want to see what the Dashboard looks like from an admin or user perspective, and for OpenStack contributors who wish to test their apps against a complete local environment.
- A well documented shell script that enables users to build complete OpenStack development environments.
You can read more about DevStack here.
- A service to orchestrate multiple composite cloud applications using the AWS CloudFormation template format, through both an OpenStack-native REST API and a CloudFormation-compatible Query API.
- A great tool that gives developers and administrators an easy way to create a collection of related OpenStack resources and provision them in an orderly and predictable fashion.
You can read more about Heat here.
Check out these simple steps for installing DevStack and Heat on EC2.